- How do I install and activate the Bancontact app?
- Can I link more than one Bancontact card to the app?
- Who can use the Bancontact app?
- I am a customer of Keytrade Bank but I am unable to enroll my Keytrade Bank Bancontact card in the Bancontact app. Why is that?
- Can I use the Bancontact app on any device?
- Is the Bancontact app and its usage free of charge?
- What do I need to use the app?
- What languages is the Bancontact app available in?
- As a merchant, how can I implement Bancontact mobile payments for my customers?
- As a merchant, how can I offer Bancontact app contactless payments to my customers?
- I already use my bank's app. Should I still install the Bancontact app?
- How do I activate contactless payments with the Bancontact app?
- I have more than one app on my smartphone supporting contactless payment. How do I know which app is used for the payment?
Cards in the app
- How can I add and remove cards?
- Can I store cards other than Bancontact cards in the Bancontact app?
- Can I define one card of the card carousel as my favorite?
- Can I change the order in which the stored cards appear in the carousel?
Making payments (transactions)
- Do both payer and receiver have to be with the same bank to be able to execute a payment?
- Which currencies does the Bancontact app support?
- Is it possible that the same QR code is scanned by several people?
- What is a QR code?
- I enrolled several cards in the Bancontact app, but a contactless payment is always executed with the same card. Why is that?
- Can I define for a contactless payment with the Bancontact app the maximum amount below which no PIN entry is required myself?
- I performed a contactless payment for less than €25 yet was asked to enter my PIN. Why is that?
- Which smartphones allow me to perform contactless payments?
- Where can I pay with the Bancontact app?
- Can I pay back my friends with the Bancontact app in a contactless way?
- Why do I have to execute a QR code payment before I can continue to pay contactless?
- Are amounts paid/received immediately debited from/credited to my bank account when paying with the Bancontact app?
- I am a consumer and I have an issue in receiving money with the Bancontact app. What should I do?
- Can I make a payment or receive money with the app for any amount?
- Sometimes, it is impossible to select a card when performing a transaction. Why is that?
- Where can I find an overview of my past transactions?
- How long do transactions remain visible in my transaction history?
- The message appearing in my bank statements when paying to or receiving from a friend does not correspond with the message in my transaction history in the app. Why is this?
- When paying back a friend, do I need to stay in the receiver’s vicinity until the transaction is fully completed?
- I want to pay back a friend remotely. Can I do this with the Bancontact app?
- Are all payments processed regardless of whether my account has sufficient funds?
- Who can I contact with questions on my transactions?
- Is the Bancontact app secure?
- Will the Bancontact app run on a jailbroken or rooted device?
- What if I sell my smartphone to someone else without removing the app first?
- What personal information is stored in the app?
- How can I protect my app data?
- I have my personal payment details on my phone. Does my mobile provider have access to this information?
- Why does the app want to send me notifications?
- Why does the app require access to the camera of my device?
What to do in case of?
- When performing a contactless payment with the Bancontact app, the following error message is displayed on the payment terminal: ‘Unreadable card’.
- The following error message is displayed “authorization failed”. How can I resolve this?
- I cannot install the app. Why not?
- The following error message is displayed: "Your device does not meet our safety requirements. Please check the Frequently Asked Questions for information on your device settings." How can I resolve this?
- What if my smartphone is lost or stolen? Can someone else make payments with my phone?
- I’ve forgotten my PIN code or entered the wrong PIN code three times. What should I do?
- I have to replace the SIM card in my device. What will happen to the Bancontact app?